Over the years, we’ve finished thousands of jobs for homeowners in the north metro Atlanta area, and with that experience comes firsthand knowledge of how to help our customers prepare for a new job, especially for individuals or families who have never hired a painting company before, and might not know what to expect.
Many customers come to us because they don’t want the hassle or mess of painting their homes themselves, and many don’t have the time or resources to do it right the first time. They want people in their homes they can trust, and that’s where our team comes in.
When you call our professional painting team to schedule a new project, our goal is for that job to go as smoothly as possible. With this in mind, here’s a helpful list of all the steps you can take as a homeowner to ensure that our team is set up to start a new interior project.
How to Prep for an Interior Paint Project
- Remove as many items from the room and area as possible. This includes decor items, wall hangings, fragile items, and anything else our team might need to remove to complete the job
- Move smaller pieces of furniture, if possible. (Our team will move larger, heavy items like sofas and empty shelving to the middle of the room)
- For rooms with mounted televisions, remove the flatscreen from the wall for best outcome. Or, our team can wrap it up in plastic and paint around it as best we can.
- Collect and remove any cables and cords that could cause a tripping hazard
- Make arrangements for any pets to be safely crated or kept out of the work area
- For jobs including cabinets or closets, remove all items from inside.
Painting your home is one of the quickest and easiest way to make your home look and feel like new again. If you’re ready to start your interior project, reach out to our office to schedule a free estimate.