The temperatures are dropping quickly and your power bill could be going up just as fast! Having the resources to keep our homes nice and toasty can be tough in Georgia, not to mention, it can be very expensive! Now is the time to start preparing your home with wallet-friendly tricks so you don’t have to burn a hole through your monthly expenses by trying to heat your home. Here are some tips and trick to keeping your home warm this winter:
1. Do you have rooms in the house you never use? Keep those doors shut! Leaving the doors open will allow warm air to escape and circulate through rooms that no one uses!
2. It’s time to change your sheets and break out the flannel! Get extra blankets, down comforters and fleece throws to make your home that much cozier!
3. If keeping warm is an issue in your home due to high ceilings or drafty windows and doors, it might be time for a little rearrangement. Furniture that is placed near a large window or an outside wall should be moved to something along the interior to maximize proximity to the heat source.
4. Get cozy! Turtlenecks, warm socks and slippers are all great ways to keep warm. Make a cup of mulled cider or hot chocolate and spend time with your loved ones sitting close by the fire or on the couch watching a movie.
5. Turn the kettle on! Make a cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate. It’s been proven that drinking something warm will raise your body temperature and help you feel warmer. There isn’t a better time to make that hot toddy or warm cider!
We hope these tips help you keep your home and family nice and warm this winter!